Thursday, September 22, 2011
Microgreen update
2nd round of microgreens are still growing. Not getting taller, but they look extremely healthy.
The 24 hour light experiment has been interesting. I'm starting to think they need that darkness to grow upwards, and that when the plant stops photosynthesis it begins stretching to find the light again. This could be a natural reaction to growing into a shaded area, the plant would grow taller to try and reach the light again.
I will get a timer this weekend and set up my next batch to run off of it.
So far I am extremely pleased with my t8 fluorescent lights, I am thinking they will be perfect for the full fledged lettuce hydroponics system. Already considering buying a few more narrower units (2 bulb instead of 4 bulb) which will fit on the lower shelves (this unit is too wide) so that I can have multiple germination trays running at once. I will try and take a picture of my whole setup in a few days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment